Friday, August 24, 2012

Creep

I wish I was special, but I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo, what the hell am I doing here, I don't belong here.

These are the lyrics of the song Creep by Radiohead, THE song of my local bar back in the late 90s. I went there twice a week and had a blast.
What did I do?, you may ask. Well, just sat, drank and smoked. Oh and the occasional shot of pool. Other than that, nothing much really. But we didn't care, as long as we were away from our parents and we could be ourselves.
You see, that bar was a bar where only alternative people came. We didn't like it when people called us that, but basically that's what we were. Not belonging, being creeps. And it was the best time ever (at that time at least haha)

I used to write poetry and when I look at it now (yes I still kept the journals) I realise I was a lost soul, someone who didn't really belong, a creep. And it made me into the person I am today.

I am thankful for that time, I am thankful for those people who took me in as one of their own. I am thankful that I could be me, a creep.

No matter what people say, always stay true to yourself, even if it makes you feel left out.
Because somewhere there is that group just like mine that take you as the person that you are..... a creep.

When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather
In a beautiful world
I wish I was special
You're so fucking special
But I 'm a creep
I 'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts

I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice
When I'm not around
You're so fucking special
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep

I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

She's running out again

She's running out
She run, run, run run
Run

Whatever makes you happy

Whatever you want
You're so fucking special
I wish I was special
But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here
I don't belong here.

1 comment:

  1. This is my most favourite song, because I can relate to the lyrics alot <3

    ReplyDelete