Wednesday, August 22, 2012

How did I

..... become involved with the scene?

Well there is a nice story! It was the beginning of 2008 and my friend, Sanne (from Atelier Phantasma & Helena) asked me if I wanted to go to the Elf Fantasy Fair in Haarzuilens, near Utrecht, The Netherlands. It is the biggest fantasy event in the Netherlands and I think the biggest outdoor fantasy event of Europe.

Ever since I was a little girl I always had an interest in dragons, vampires and skulls, so I didn't have to think long about wether or not to attend! YES of course! But I didn't want to go in my regular clothing, so I went through my closet and found some clothes to wear :-)
Since I didn't want to use my own hair, I started to search for a wig. This was also the beginning of my company, Hairs4u2! (so thank you, Sanne for inviting me!)

Here is me:
















Well I think we only went one day (can't even remember haha) and I had a blast! I was amazed at all the people that walked around in their costumes and I was even more amazed at how often I was asked if they could take a picture of me! (Still can't believe it haha, since the costumes I wear now are WAY more advanced haha).
But that was the beginning for me to go to these events more often :-) The next one was Castlefest, in Lisse, The Netherlands. The second largest fair of the Netherlands.
Again I went with Sanne, and we went one day.
I had my mother make me a skirt, bought another wig, even had special vampire teeth! And again we had a blast :-)
Then it became a regular thing for me to attend these fairs and since then I have been going a lot and almost every time I had a different outfit! Don't like it when I have loads of the same pictures at every fair haha.

Here are some examples of outfits I wore:
























Ps: if you recognize your photo, please send me a message, so I can add your name :-)

Photographer: Eric Oaktree


3 comments:

  1. Superb!!

    Je blog wordt mooi! Nee: is mooi!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little girlz grow up...

    By the way, the picture placed in the middle, you in black & white was taken bij Ouwe Kale Cor Wentzel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :)
      Ok thanks for that.
      But who is anonymous? ;-)

      Delete