Thursday, December 13, 2012

Interview with gothgirl Sabrina

I had a lovely interview with Sabrina, some time ago.

Here is the result of that interview!

What is your name and how old are you?
My name is Sabrina and I’m 43 years old.

Can you tell my readers something about what gothic is?
Gothic is a way of life. Gothic people love the planet, the humans, the animals and the plants.
We honour and respect this. We don’t waste products but we give it away or we sell them. If
it’s broken and you can not fixe it, then we will trow it away. We honour forgotten Mediaval
times and Death and with our creative minds we love to dress up.

Do you have a gothic character and what is her name?
For many years some people called me goldilocks because I’m a blond lady. This is why I have
chosen my character name in Greek: “Chrysomallousa”.

What does gothic mean to you?
It’s important to be myself, to wear black clothing and when I’m in the mood, colour. Proud to be a part of this scene because the people I know they are very friendly and very creative.

Where do you think gothic is heading?
The gothic scene will exits for many years to come, because people create new kinds of clothing and there are lots of places we can go out.

What got you into gothic originally?
It’s a combination of music and clothing. My big inspiration for some clothing is Liv Kristine
(Leaves Eyes) and Margriet/Karin de Moll (Asrai). They wear different kinds of clothing
but I love them both. I’m also inspired by Kemi Vita (The Dream Side). Kemi is such a great
performer and her clothes are magnificant. I like this al lot.

What inspires your costumes, do you make them yourself and how long does it take to create them?
I check internet, other people, books, movies (vampire, fantasy, mediaval times, tudors).
Unfortunately I don’t have the time to make my own costumes (I write reviews for metalbands
in my spare time www.musiccredo.wordpress.com) and that is why other people make my
clothes. It’s easier to choose my clothing when there is a theme. For many months I have some
inspiration for a vampiredress but can’t find the fabric.

Do you see a difference between the gothic culture in the Netherlands and the rest of the world?
Oh yes there are lots of differences but only in the way that people are dressed. Not in the way
they think. I have been to several countries (Mexico, Finland, Germany, Romania) and the
atmosphere is the same. It’s friendly and everybody respects oneanother. I can’t remember that
I have seen people get into a fight.

Is there anything else you would like our readers to know about you or gothic?
Don’t think we are depressed or negative, it’s just the opposite. We love are lives and we love
to dress up and listen to some great music while we meet our friends.


 Sabrina in her everyday outfit

 Sabrina when she is in her gothic outfit

Thank you Sabrina for this interview!


No comments:

Post a Comment